A beautifully fresh-tasting, tomato-sauce-less pizza with punchy Gorgonzola, Parmesan, and herbed aubergine strips.
A truly authentic Italian pizza.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Handful of fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- 1/2 aubergine
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Dried chilli
- Mixed herbs
- Handful of Gorgonzola cheese
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of parmesan cheese
- Before you begin, you need to pre-cook and prepare the aubergine.
- Thinly slice 1/2 an aubergine, then sprinkle generously with salt and leave for 20 mins. Wash the salt off and lightly squeeze each slice of aubergine to remove most of the moisture.
- Then season the slices with a little sea salt, black pepper, dried chilli, and mixed herbs, and fry on a high heat for 5 mins or until coloured, turning halfway through.
- Then prepare your pizza dough, stretching it to the desired size. Begin by slicing your mozzarella and placing on the dough, then scatter the spinach over the mozzarella, then shave or grate the Parmesan over, and then crumble the Gorgonzola on-top.
- Finish with halved cherry tomatoes, a little salt, lay down the aubergine strips on-top, and finally drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Place in your pizza oven to cook!